Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On Strike

What would happen if all women went on strike? Not from work but from home....... Dan came out of the bedroom the other day with jeans on. I found this odd since he has not worn them all summer. I asked "why are you wearing jeans" and his reply was "are you on strike?". Now lets just think about this for a minute....on strike. I didnt know that I needed to be on strike from anything so I asked, "on strike from what?" he replied "from laundry, I dont have any clean shorts." So this got me thinking....you lived alone before we started dating and I am pretty sure that I saw you doing laundry while I was there once or twice, so are my washer and dryer really that high tech? So I went and got the clothes out of the laundry basket and as I was putting them in the washer I found myself checking out the dials on the washer. They looked pretty standard to me, but what the hell do I know. I asked him why he couldnt just do his own laundry if he needed something and he replied "its your job". Well I dont remember interviewing for this job but I have a good idea of what this "job" entails. So if I were to go on strike the following would happen- laundry would pile up for years, nobody would brush their teeth because I didnt go and buy toothpaste, the house would be a wreck, beds would be smelly and gross, a ring of man splash would remain on all the toilet seats, there would be no food in the house, dishes would never get done and the yard would probably grow 5 feet tall because I would also be on strike from nagging. So if someone ever asks if your on strike.....ask them if they still have teeth.

1 comment:

neo said...

Wow I had no idea this was going on as I told you with Barry before Kasie..... in this day and age in a household where both the man and woman work, the woman being expected to wash the clothes is 100% unacceptable! Stop being a pussy and put your foot down :-)