Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter....Not Awesome.

Well I made my 26 mile commute to work today in the first bad snow storm of the year. I have not missed the snow one bit. My street in my neighborhood got plowed, but the long stretch of freeway I take to come in was not plowed. This made for some white knuckle driving at about 25 miles per hour. My car is terrible in the snow. So now I have to decide, do I spent $5000 to buy a used SUV to get me back and forth in the winter, or do I spend $1000 to get snow tires and new rims for the car.......Hmmm. Just an FYI for all of you out there low profile or performance sized snow tires are twice the cost of regular tires. I can use the SUV in the summer for camping, where the tires will just be sitting in the garage. Guess I need to weigh the pros and cons. Good grief.

No comments: