Thursday, March 12, 2009

Moving

So I have been packing all week for the big move this weekend, and let me just say that moving is a joke!! I am so sick of packing and going through things, I will be happy when I am just settled in to the new place. As I have been going through things I realize that I have some sort of separation disease. I keep the weirdest things for years and years thinking that I need it or that I cant possibly get rid of it because someone gave it to me. This time I have set my mind to get rid of some things because I have to downsize. So I started a DI pile and added quite a bit to it. But before I actually took it to the DI I went through the stuff at least 3 times making sure I was making the right decision. I only took 2 things back out of it, so I guess that's good. But seriously why can't I get rid of things. Its like I am tied to them or something.
Also, for those of you who have never tried moving with a pet in the house, you should borrow one and give it a shot. My cat has been a wreck the past week or so. He is scared of everything now that things have moved. We were taking a nap on the couch the other day, and a noise scared the crap out of him. Well when he jumped up to see what it was, he ended up clawing my eye and now I have a nice black eye with a deep scratch under it. I was so mad....but it isn't like I can take it out on him. Also, packing with a cat is super fun. He is always grabbing the newspaper that I am trying to wrap with and ripping it apart, or laying on the paper that I need to use, getting in the box that I am trying to put stuff in and let's not forget getting things out of the box after it is in there. Super fun. It is funny to watch him tip his head to the side and get all confused about the new stuff popping up all over though. Last night I took my kitchen table apart and leaned the top up against the stair railing. Well that made a perfect place for him to hide. Now whenever I walk by he runs behind it and jumps out and scares me. Good times. :)
I really don't think I ever want to move again, so I will probably stay in this place until I die. Ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entire post made me want to hurl myself off a cliff. I would kill Benny if he did that to me while I tried to move

Jen said...

Thats so funny about your cat. Except the part about him knocking you out! What is your kitty's name?

Doing our part to keep Austin Weird! said...

Moving sucks! I wish I was there to help you.