Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Road Rage

My road rage is getting terrible. I feel like I am going to ram someone with my car one of these days. And what is it with all of these idiots that just feel they can do whatever they like while driving. For some reason it seems like at least once a week I get stuck behind this teal green Suzuki Sidekick on my way home from work. He drives like 30 on the freeway and almost causes an accident every time. There was finally a break in traffic last week and I as able to pass him. Well I finally noticed why he drives so slow. He is about 500 hundred pounds and his belly rolls around the steering wheel, he was stuffing his face with a huge burger and holding his drink with the other hand. COME ON!!! A full meal on the freeway. I rolled down my window and yelled some obscenities to him. The other day me and my friend Val were going to lunch. I was in a turn or go straight lane waiting for the light, this guy is sitting behind me in line. Well I guess he didn't need to turn and thought I was in the wrong, so he sped past me in the other lane honked and flipped me off. If I wasn't in my dads truck I would have followed him and slammed into the back of him at the next light. Today I was driving to work in the snow storm, and this yahoo from California speeds up to right on my bumper and starts brighting me. I am thinking to myself "Don't slam on your brakes and why the hell does he need me to move when he can get over in the other lane". Well I guess I missed the class on the left lane in the freeway merge is a fast lane, even if it is snowing. He finally gets over speeds past me and the slams on his brakes in front of me because the cars up ahead are driving slow due to the snow storm. All I kept thinking was I hope he gets in a wreck. That would have made my day. Instead I have a sore neck because he pissed me off. I need help I think. Guess the anger management class didn't help after all. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Kasie,
When I read your blog I can see that you have a lot of love to give, that you have a big heart, and that you want the best for those around you. So I wonder if there is something else causing you to feel this "road rage" other than the fact that people are pretty uncourteous out there on the road. Something missing perhaps. I hope you know that I send you this because it brings me such happiness in my life. I want to share the same happiness with you. I cannot imagine my life without it. I do this out of love for you. I genuinely do. Take it or leave it is up to you. But it may be the something you are looking for at this time in your life. Either way, I hope you find the happiness you are searching for. http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

Anonymous said...

Why would getting upset give you a sore neck? I think the big guy driving sounds like a good time myself. Who doesn't enjoy a full meal on the freeway? But I must agree with Jen here something ELSE is causing your anger. You never got this worked up before. People drive ad sometimes, it happens, and it's not going to change. The answer can be found in eating more Grapefruit

Racheall said...

Okay, I am still chuckling over the big guy eating and driving. I used to suffer from road rage a lot when we lived in DC, after living here I have learned to be calm.

Just know that you have lots of friends who love you and are here for you if you need to talk!