Thursday, March 5, 2009

Poetry Thursday....4


The Sacred Place

I saw you standing next to me with a glow on your face
I knew then you had been to the sacred place
It seems like yesterday you were mortal in form
Now you come back when my emotions are in a storm
I sat in amazement in a cold stare
Wondering how you could possibly be there
You looked so beautiful in your long gown of white
In all of my life I had never beheld such a beautiful sight
You left us in confusion of why he took you
But I guess you were the best one for the job he needed
someone special to do
You knew what was wrong and the help that I seek
You sat down beside me and began to speak
You spoke of my life like you were never away
You talked of your funeral in that grey drab day
I answered your questions and we talked for a spell
You helped me a lot and made me feel well
Then the time came for you to go back to your new home
I begged you please not to leave me alone
You said don’t worry I will always be here
Whenever you need me just pray my dear
I knew after that I had to make a new start
And now when I need you I look in my heart

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are talented, I really like this one.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the first time I ate french toast